Thursday, October 14, 2010

Turquoise and Yellow

I am a little in love with turquoise and yellow at the moment.

So I have been searching for the best way to bring it into my house, maybe the design workroom would be the place...then I could be surrounded by it every day......

I've found two cane chairs that need repainting and new cushion seats made. (photograph to follow)

In the meantime, while I find the time to finish the chairs, here are a few pictures of items that have inspired me to bring these colours in and so I'll show you now all the pieces that make up my "virtual Turquoise & Yellow Deign Workroom".

A feature wall

A stunning feature wall by US Interior designers Massucco Warner Miller. How cute are the cushions?
Silhouettes...now thats another blog altogether....

Now this is how I intend my cane chairs to look like when they are done. This is the original inspiration chair from Eco Chics, Qld. This is called the Charlotte Chair.
And how can you go past this stunning rug from the ever talented and fabulous Amy Butler.
Now I just have to work out how to get these rugs into Australia so I can have one for home!!

So now my room needs a chest of draws and a couple of extra seats...and this vignette will do fine....
thanks to Jutta at the Kootutmurut blog spot.

Now, art work, art work art .....what would I put on the wall......

Dragonflies are my favourite of the insect kind and the simple graphic botanical illustration would look fantastic in this room!!! Print and frame.....

This layout for the art work would be perfect....uncomplicated with a variety of interesting pieces.
Now if I mix it up with a few more graphic and bold images...it will be perfect.

Hmmm, I think I have lots more pictures to add to this virtual room....better get digging!

Cheers and thanks for stopping by,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, I was just about to comment that yellow and turquoise is my new favorite color combo. But then I noticed my photo and realized maybe you already know that :) Thanks for including my pic in your beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete